Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) Profile & Interpretive Report
Learn about your conflict-resolution style to help you resolve problems and issues as effectively as possible.
Ever wondered how you could best solve problems with others who are so different than you? By learning about your conflict resolution styles as well as others’ preferred ways of solving conflict, you’ll discover how to settle your issues in a timely, effective manner. Use the TKI Profile & Interpretive Report in your business, classroom, or in your personal life to aid you in successful conflict resolution in a variety of situations.
Your TKI Profile & Interpretive Report measures your conflict resolution tendencies across five styles, showing you to what percentage you align with each mode. Each style is also explained on a graph, being depicted as assertive or cooperative, showing you whether the style is used to resolve conflict with only your own needs in mind or if the needs of others often come before yours. The report provides you with several details on your specific style preferences as well as how the other styles work. The five conflict resolution styles are as follows:
- Competing: this style is congruent with those who use conflict to gain power or authority over another, asserting their dominance by only considering their own wants.
- Collaborating: this style hopes that resolving the conflict will benefit both (or all) participants. Collaborators work to get to the bottom of an issue instead of hastily trying to come up with a solution.
- Compromising: this style works to meet the needs of both parties as quickly as possible, finding a solution that can be agreed upon but that doesn’t necessarily resolve problems on a long-term basis
- Avoiding: this style tries to resolve conflict by not acknowledging it. He or she doesn’t place his or her needs or another’s needs at the forefront of a discussion simply because they hope that no discussion will take place
- Accommodating: this style is the opposite of competing—the individual works to resolve the conflict with only the others’ need(s) in mind, choosing to ignore their own present desires
After learning which conflict style (or styles) you prefer, you’ll discover how to best use this style to effectively resolve issues, why you choose this style over others, what emotional or personal factors are at play in this style, what questions you may ask yourself to more fully understand your conflict style, and how you may be relying too much or too little on your conflict style—all information that can be beneficial on a business platform or when applied to your personal life.
Once completing your purchase, you will receive a live link to the email you have provided during your purchase process within a maximum time of 2-3 business hours, though usually expedited within one hour’s time to complete your assessment. The TKI is completed 100% online and once completing your assessment, you will have immediate access to your report/results and be able to instantly download your report. We offer bulk purchase rates for TKI purchases of 10 or more units. The TKI is a non-restricted assessment and does not require a consultation.
The Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI) Profile & Interpretive Report is available in the following languages:
- Chinese, Traditional
- Chinese, Simplified
- Portuguese, Brazilian
- Spanish, Latin American
Please click here to contact us to find out more about the TKI language options, or call us directly at +1-805-770-3888.
What Happens After You Make a Purchase?
Once you make your purchase, you will receive an email with a link to complete your assessment(s) within 2-3 business hours. Assessments are completed online from any computer 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If you have purchased for “someone else”, we will email you to obtain basic information regarding your participant including their first, last name and email address to send them an email to complete their assessment(s).
Once an assessment is completed, you will receive your results as a PDF document to your email for you to print, share and do as you wish along with a link to schedule your complementary telephone or Zoom audio consultation with one of our certified/qualified interpreters to best understand your reports within 24 hours Monday-Friday. If you have completed a Myers-Briggs Assessment, your personality type will be verified for accuracy depending upon your clarity scores during your consultation appointment.
*Please note, The TKI Instrument, IStartStrong Assessment, and The MBTI Complete Assessment do not include consultations.
Bulk Purchases of 10 or more assessments include group consultations.